A great deal of University policy and administrative work is accomplished via committees.
The Senate's committees are:
- Buildings and Grounds
- Honorary Degrees
- Membership and Nominations Advisory Committee
- Occupational Health and Safety Council
- Senate Committee of Equity, Diversity and the Status of Women; and
- Student Appeals.
The Academic Board's committees are:
- Academic Board Standing Committee
- Committee for Academic Programs Policy
- Programs Sub-Committee
- Research Committee
- Research Higher Degrees Committee
- Teaching and Learning Committee
- Central Confirmation and Promotions Committee
The University's many other committees include:
- The Strategic Information Management Committee (formerly the Information Technology and Services Policy and Planning Committee) which reports to the Vice-Chancellor and is responsible for IT planning and policy. Chaired by the Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor.
- The Infrastructure Sub-Committee (ISC) role is to strategically plan the addition and replacement of the University’s capital stock and to oversee the development, review and revision of the Asset Management Plan.