Year ended December 31, 1998
University of Queensland Annual Report for year ended December 31, 1998.
The following files are saved in Adobe Acrobat format (file extension .PDF). To view them you will need the free Acrobat Reader software, which is available for Macintosh and Windows platforms.
Because of the size of the whole report, we have presented it in segments as follows. Some segments are broken down further into individual or groups of sub-pages. The sub-pages are all included in their segments' PDF file, but can be downloaded individually if required.
- Front cover
- Back cover
Including a profile of the University of Queensland - a leader among Australia's 38 universities.
- The year's highlights
- Five years at a glance (performance table), 1998 revenue and expenses chart
- Vice-Chancellor's review
- Strategic direction
- Mission; plus strategic aims, aspirations and commitments. [pages 4-8]
- Basis of authority: enabling legislation and controlled entities. [page 9]
- Lines of responsibility (organisational chart). [page 10]
- Senate: membership of the University's governing body. [page 11]
- Governance: major decision-making bodies and profiles of senior executives. [pages 12-13]
- Teaching and learning
- Review including course and graduate outcomes, enrolments, international links, teaching innovations and awards, library and other facilities, use of technology and outlook for the future. [pages 14-22]
- University medallists -this year's elite graduates. [page 23]
- Academic honours - world-class excellence in the student body. [page 24]
- Sporting honours - high-achievers in University sports.[page 25]
- Research and research training
- Review including placings in competitive funding rounds, research income and outcomes, national and international links, postgraduate work and outlook for the future. [pages 26-33]
- Management and resources (includes financial overview below)
- Review including personnel, equal opportunity, OH&S, Y2K, freedom of information, code of conduct, whistleblowers, environmental management, benchmarking and outlook for the future. [pages 34-41 ]
- Financial overview, including operating budget and actual expenditure. [pages 39-40]
- Community partnerships
- Review including service through teaching and research, sharing of expertise and resources, fundraising, graduate and corporate relations, community events, communications and outlook for the future. [pages 42-47]
- Index [page 48]
- Teaching and research sites throughout Queensland, including map. [inside back cover]
Appendices detailing academic staff activity overseas and annual financial statements are available in print form as a separate volume; please contact the University's Office of Marketing and Communications, University of Queensland, St Lucia, Brisbane 4072. Ph: (07) 3365 3367 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org