The Ninth Biennial Conference of the Association for Academic Language and Learning will be held at The University of Queensland, Brisbane 26 & 27 November 2009.
Special preconference workshops held on 25 November.
See Program for more details
Focus areas include
- Integrative or parallel programs with faculties
- Learning from student experience feedback
- Approaches to intervention – proactive vs. reactive
- Evaluation as a learning tool
- Models of support – What works?
- Closing the loop between ALL staff and faculty staff
- Learning opportunities from secondary or foundation programs
Types of presentations
- Papers, 20 minutes presentation plus 5 minutes discussion
- Roundtables, 1 hour
- Poster presentations
- Preconference workshops
Who Should Attend
- Academic language and learning lecturers/advisors
- Academic staff
- Professional development staff
- Administrative staff
- Senior university executive managers
- Those who work with international students and/or in counselling, careers and disabilities
- Learning support coordinators and aides